So you recently switched your smartphone, from Apple’s iPhone to an all new BlackBerry? And in the midst, you are afraid of losing out on your phone contacts? Well, something similar happens with majority of people who tend to switch their smartphones without taking care of their phone contacts. Taking particularly the case of moving contacts from Apple’s iPhone to BlackBerry device, the procedure is not really straight forward as Apple does not support wireless transfer of contacts or any other similar functionality. To move your contacts, you will need to follow the easy tutorial below.
How To Move Your Contacts From iPhone To BlackBerry
To move your contacts from iPhone to BlackBerry, you will require the latest version of iTunes, along with Microsoft Outlook and BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on your computer. Once you have the above said tools handy, simply follow the tutorial below.
- First, connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB-cable, and wait for iTunes to recognize it after which it should open. If iTunes does not open up automatically, open it manually by clicking on the iTunes icon on your computer.
- Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, select your iPhone from the devices section on the left plane in iTunes and then click on the Info tab.
- Under the Contacts option, select the Sync contacts with Outlook option and further select all contacts, or group of contacts you wish to move.
- Hit the Apply button to start syncing contacts. You don’t need your iPhone after this step so you can disconnect it now. Keep your BlackBerry device and BlackBerry Desktop Manager ready for further steps.
- Now, connect your BlackBerry device with computer using USB-cable and open BlackBerry Desktop Software/Manager.
- Find the Synchronize tab on main screen and click on it. Next, navigate to Synchronize Organized Data option and then click on Configure and then Synchronize.
- Click on the Address Book option, and then select Outlook and find your contacts which you synced from your iPhone earlier. Select Sync option to one-way mode and click on Finish button.
- Now, simply click on the Synchronize Now option and woosh! All your iPhone contacts should have moved to your BlackBerry device.
That’s it! Hope the tutorial was easy to follow. In case of any query, feel free to let us know your views via the comments section below. For more, keep subscribed!