So it is exactly the time when we start conquering the all new iOS 6, which is currently in beta version. The operating system, also being called the smartest OS in the world brings features to woo away any human mind! Within 10 hours of Apple releasing the iOS 6 beta, our friend from the jailbreak team- MuscleNerd was able to jailbreak [tethered] his iPhone 4 running on iOS 6. While there is still a long time when we can expect an untethered jailbreak for the iOS 6, we have finally managed to perform a tethered jailbreak on all our A4-chip devices, which include iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G. But of course, to jailbreak the iOS 6 beta, you first need to install it on your A4 chip device.
Now since Apple does not allow general iDevice users to install any of its beta updates, you will need to first download the seeded iOS 6 IPSW files, and then Shift+Restore them on your iDevice while it is in DFU mode, and connected to iTunes. Didn’t get it? Don’t worry, simply follow the tutorial below:
NOTE: In case you depend on software of hardware manipulation to unlock your device, we recommend you to stay away from this update. DO NOT upgrade to any iOS without preserving your baseband, or else you will brick your iPhone by upgrading the baseband. Keep away, stay safe!
NOTE: This tutorial is valid only for Apple’s A4 chip devices which include iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G. Do not proceed if your device is not any these.
Download And Install iOS 6 IPSW [Direct Download Links]:
- To download IPSW file, simply select your device below:
- Once you download the IPSW file for your iDevice, connect your device to your computer and make a backup of all of your data using iTunes.
- Next, close iTunes and while your device is connected to your computer, hold the power key for 3 seconds and switch your iDevice off.
- Make sure your device is off and connected to your computer. Now you need to put your device in DFU mode to allow iOS 6 to be installed manually onto the device. To put it into DFU mode, hold the Power button for 3 seconds, then while the power key is pressed, press the Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds. Then while the Home button is pressed, release the Power Key. Now your device should enter DFU mode and should allow installation of iOS 6 beta 1.
- Now iTunes should tell you that your device is in DFU mode. Now, press Shift key on your keyboard and click on Restore button in iTunes. (Shift+Restore).
- Browse through your computer and find the iOS 6 beta 1 IPSW file you downloaded earlier. Select it and let the rest of process take place on your iDevice.
- After few minutes, you should have iOS 6 beta 1 successfully installed on your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4G.
Jailbreak iOS 6 Beta 1 On iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G:
- You should now have an A4 device running on iOS 6 beta 1.
- Next, download RedSn0w 0.9.13 dev here. [Windows | Mac].
- Put your device in DFU mode by following the same steps as mentioned earlier.
- Open RedSn0w and navigate to Extras>>Select IPSW, and select the firmware file you downloaded earlier.
- Go back and click on Jailbreak button. Make sure you check the Install SSH option when asked. RedSn0w will successfully jailbreak your iOS 6 beta 1.
- On the RedSn0w homescreen, click on Extras>>Just boot option to perform tethered boot. It will ask you to put your device in DFU mode again. Simply follow the previous step where it is explained.
- That’s it! You should now have iOS 6 beta 1 jailbroken on your A4 chip iDevice.
- For further assistance, you can have a look at the video tutorial below:
Please note that this jailbreak will not install Cydia on your iDevice. It will simply allow you to browse through its files and folders using your favorite iDevice explorer. You can now install apps manually to your device!