Seems like the Apple’s App Store and Android’s Google Play were not enough for Facebook users. Facebook has now come up with its own app center, with support for iOS, Android and Web users. Facebook, bringing something new every then and now, like the Timeline Profile, is now hub for all your daily need applications. Apps on Facebook are not really something new, we have been using them for quite a long time now! The Facebook App Center will be a dedicated hub to millions of apps, compatible with your iOS, Android and Web accounts.
Starting today, users can get their hands on over 600 apps to start with, which include some famous interactive apps like Draw Something. Most of the apps however, are already present on your dedicated app stores, like Apple’s App Store or Android’s Google Play which are however interlinked here. When you select an app from Facebook on your smartphone, Facebook redirects you to the specific App market for your device.
Facebook App Center Preview:
Get Facebook App Center :
To install a particular app, just select your app from a list of apps, and then simply click on Send To Mobile button to get started! Currently, App Center is available for people in US only, however Facebook is gradually rolling it out for the entire world.
To use Facebook App Center on your browser, simply click here and you will be taken to the official App Center page on Facebook. The app center includes categories like Games, Entertainment, Facebook, Lifestyle, Music, Needs, Photos and much more to suite your needs the best. We are yet to get our hands on the best of Facebook app center apps. You can specifically choose apps for your iOS or Android devices, and for the web as well.
Here are some stats which Facebook published along with its official launch of Facebook App Center:
- More than 230 million people play games on Facebook every month
- More than 130 games on Facebook have more than 1 million monthly active users.
- More than 4,500 timeline apps have launched since f8 in September 2011.
- Facebook drove people to the Apple App Store 83 million times in May.
- Facebook drove people to iOS apps 134 million times in May (someone who already has the app and is directed back to it from Facebook.)
- As of May, seven of the top 10 grossing iOS apps and six of the top 10 Android apps have integrated with Facebook.